Right I need to go to work soon add to that I am full of cold again this is going to be a hard and fast update and not in a fun way!
I started with the power steering. I stood wondering what pipe went where but it was pretty obvious once all of the bts were out as they would only go so far lining up with the correct holes just begging to be plumbed in!
Once done I cable tied the fluid reservoir in an upright position and promptly filled up as much of it as I could with power steering fluid. I will bleed it properly once the engine is running.
With all of that done quite easily I decided to set up and support, with cable ties of course, the coolant system and expansion tank. Again literally took minutes.
And when I stood back looking at the magnificence of my complete creation it brings rather a large smile to my face!
That left just one more thing I wanted to tackle today…the exhaust. Well the down pipe from the manifold. I bought one of those James Parkin (I think that’s what the name was anyway) Discovery 200tdi to Defender conversion kits. It hit the footwell.
So I had to modify the footwell. Well I need to modify it, all I did today was cut piece of the footwell out so the exhaust wouldn’t keep knocking as I hopefully drive around.
It wont take long to fabricate an extra piece of metal to slot in there. I did have to modify a 17mm spanner to fit in on the back bolt of the exhaust (I just cut a spare spanner down in length) so it wouldn’t foul on the engine block.
It was soon all in place though.
Next up will be fitting the exhaust in place and making up some brackets to keep it there. I need to pick up some engine oil and do a quick change before I try to fire it up and I think I have some EP90 kicking around somewhere so the rest of the fluids can be sorted out at the same time.
That’s going to be it for a few days folks as the retail madness of Christmas kicks in at work, I don’t think I will have much time to be doing much of anything apart from work then sleep for a few days!