Posted on

I have been taking advantage of the glorious weather we have been having which has arrived at the same time as my days off of work which has been superb!

Saying that by taking advantage of I mean I have been out and about most of the time on my motorbike but I have still managed to get a couple of bits done.

I sanded down the bodywork trying to remove some more of the layers upon layers of paint that the Army have slapped on but I don’t think I will ever get a completely smooth surface, still this will ad to the character of the old girl I suppose!

I primed up some of the rusty areas under the bonnet and on the front panel.

Then I set about patching a few holes in the body work where old bolts used to come through making sure I made the two patches on the roof watertight.

My next big removal problem is inside there is an old radio rack fitted to the floor that had flat head screws through to welded bolts underneath the floor. I cant get to the bolts with a grinder and the flatheads are either seized solid or rusted enough so as to give no purchase. Maybe I will grind off the old uprights and use this old rack as some sort of holder. No rush to decide it’s not in the way.

Once its a bit cooler I will finish the under sealing of the chassis then we will be onto the mechanical side of things which I am looking forward to!

Landy Project Costs

Land Rover £375

Sanding Discs
£11.70

Ignition Barrel £20

Heritage letter £21.75

2x
Batteries and rear 1/4 light £35

Pair Battery Terminal Clamps
£3.99

Floor pan nuts & bolts £6.50

Grinding disc
£2.25

TOTAL £476.19

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *